Wednesday 15 January 2014

#WearingTheTrends Androgyny


A trend that is very popular for Winter '13/'14 is menswear. Designers dressed their models in masculine garments at the Autumn/ Winter runway shows, which oozed androgyny. I absolutely love the idea of women wearing menswear. This creates a contradicting outfit, as it mixes feminine flirty items with some masculine
pieces. Menswear can be quite oversized and large, but if proportioned correctly, it will make you look good instead of frumpy. Many of the outfits I put together have to have some masculine piece; it just makes you look cool and smart, and kind of odd. Which I love!

Vanessa Bruno sent very androgynous looks down the runway for her Autumn/ Winter '13/'14 show. I also loved her manly tones of grey, white and navy.


For today's outfit, I paired my manly oversized tweed blazer with my grey fedora and pointed buckled flats. I contradicted these masculine pieces with suspender stockings and a pink flower necklace. Although this outfit was one big contradiction, it still worked together to make the perfect androgynous look with a flirty edge.


Fedora - Portobello Market
Flower necklace - Forever 21
Tweed blazer - Mango
Breton - Urban Outfitters
Scalloped shorts - Babette
Suspender stockings - River Island
Buckled shoes - Topshop
Quilted bag - Cambridge market



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment