Saturday 31 August 2013

#DesignerWear Balmain

I absolutely LOVE Balmain and wish I had the funds to splurge on their beautiful garments. The trends of their latest runway shows are wide shoulders, cinched in waists, draping and high waisted pants; every trend that I follow and try to incorporate into my daily looks. 

I have taken four Balmain garments and showed how I would style each of them into an 'everyday' outfit that can be worn off the runway.

The Blazer:
Instead of pairing the blazer with an all white outfit like on the runway, I wanted to make the outfit look more chic. So I paired the blazer with clean cut leather shorts and a white beaded tank. I kept a monochromatic palette so that attention would not be taken away from the gold blazer. 

Gold blazer - Balmain
Beaded top - Rattle
Gold plate belt - Stella McCartney
Earrings - Bowie
Leather shorts - Valentino
Black oxfords - Alexander Wang

The Skirt:
I love to pair ankle boots with a skirt, it adds more edge and an androgynous feel. The oversized coat contrasts with the delicately draped silk skirt.

Cropped sleeveless top - H&M
Chain necklace - Curb
Oversized coat - Agnona
Skirt - Balmain 
Gold chain bracelet - Michael Kors
Buckle Boots - Jeffrey Campbell
Gold watch - Forever New
Black bag - Zara

The Trousers:
Since these trousers are quite sporty, I paired them with items to make the outfit more chic and elegant. The fur gilet adds texture and the accessories add to the chicness of the outfit.

Grey tank - Gloss
Cream fur gilet - Calypso
Gold chain necklace - Treasure Doing Business
Black draped pants - Balmain
Bead and cross bracelet - Luis Morais
Flower earrings - Dorothy Perkins
Nude heels - Valentino
Spotted clutch - Proenza Schouler

The Knit:
 I love this high necked teal knit with wide set shoulders. It gives off a very futuristic feel which is why I paired it with a simple skater skirt, Chanel bag and bow ring to make the outfit more feminine. 

Teal knit - Balmain
Leaf earrings - Dolce & Gabbana
Chain and quilted bag - Chanel
Watch - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Skater skirt - Twisty Parallel Universe
Gold bow ring - Guess
Black booties - Sam Edelman Porter

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment