Wednesday 14 May 2014

#LookPost Autumn Chill


I have returned back to South Africa from London, just in time to catch my second consecutive winter. As much as I am craving sunshine and warmth, at least I am fully prepared (fashion-wise) for all types of cold.

Since I have been back, I have been very busy in the sewing room, sewing my new Jemimah Autumn/ Winter 2014 range for Babette Clothing which has been largely inspired by my time in London. (See my Facebook page for pictures of the new range). But I have also spared some time to sew a few things for myself. After spotting an AMAZING oversized navy plaid coat in the Topshop flagship store in London, I was inspired to make one for myself. It was the perfect display of the oversized/ masculine trend with the added trendy plaid print. Another trend that I am now seeing in South African stores is the fluffy knit trend. Cotton On and Mr Price are selling all kinds of fluffy knits: cropped, coloured, polo-necked, cardigans... So I also decided to design and sew my own fluffy knit, so to have something different from the masses.


To beat the Autumn chill, I paired both my new creations together with a beanie and high-waisted skinny jeans. I added some chunky jewellery and silver socks for some sparkle. 


Beanie Superdry / plaid coat Jemimah / black fluffy knit Jemimah / high-waisted skinny jeans Zara / silver socks Topshop / Chelsea boots Dune




Chunky necklace Woolworths / belt New Look

navy plaid winter oversized coat topshop

What's your favourite winter trend?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment