Wednesday 22 January 2014

#WearingTheTrends Knee High Socks


This trend has been around for a while. Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler made it cool in Fall 2010, and Missoni and Loewe brought it back in 2013. It adds a kind of school/ odd/ naughty element to an outfit; it makes you look sexy, but silly at the same time. Kind of love that!


I paired my knee-highs with my coral origami skort, a simple black cropped top and fluffy cardigan. Finally I threw over my parka for a casual relaxed element. I love the combination of coral and black. Against the black, the coral colour pops out. It's definitely a spring and summer colour, but I love to incorporate it into my winter wardrobe to add some difference to the normal muted tones. 


On a side not, I have become a little obsessed with taking photos in changing rooms. I love the odd effect that the mirrored image has; it adds some creativity and a little confusion to the picture. Also, I think a changing room is the perfect location as my blog is all about clothing, outfits, trends and fashion. Basically everything that happens inside a changing room.


Gold is the perfect complimentary colour for coral. So I chose my black and gold watch, and a chunky gold chain bracelet to accessorize my look.


Fluffy cardigan - H&M
Black cropped top - H&M
Coral skort - Topshop
Knee-high socks - H&M
Parka - Asos
Black boots - Luella
Quilted bag - Cambridge market
Gold chain bracelet - Mango
Gold and black watch - Avanglion at YDE

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment