Wednesday 7 August 2013

#Trends Oversized Masculine Coats

The September issue of the UK Vogue features Miranda Kerr modelling this season's hottest coats and jackets!

All these coats are hot off the Autumn/ Winter 2013-2014 runway and follow the trend of being oversized and quite masculine. A lot of faux fur and leather trimmings are also featured.












And so... in keeping with this great winter trend, I decided I needed my own oversized masculine coat... 

Instead of purchasing one, I designed and sewed one exactly to the specs that I wanted: grey with leather trimmings, an oversized collar and a zipper down the front instead of buttons.

And here it is. I also added some monochrome leopard print lining to make it more exciting.


This is the perfect coat since it is so versatile, perfect for day AND night, and of course, it is super comfortable and warm!

My day time look:

Grey coat - Jemimah
Leopard print leggings - Rubia
Quilted bag - River Island
Black Boots - Luella

And my night time look:

Grey coat - Jemimah
Grey tank - Zara
Black leggings - Topshop
Black chunky necklace - Forever New
Ankle strap heels - Forever New

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment